Four Tigers earn All-American honors after day one of NCAA Championships

After the first day of the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships, four Tigers walked away with second-team All-American honors.

Auburn junior Wellington Zaza lead the way for the Tigers at Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon. Zaza was appearing in his first NCAA meet, and finished 11th in men’s 110m hurdles. Junior Kahlil Henderson also found success on Wednesday, finishing 13th in the 200m crossing in 20.74.

Both Zaza and Henderson ran in the first and second legs of the 4x100 relay, joining Auburn’s Joshua Burks and Randall Ceneus. The group finished 13th while recording a time of 39.84. All four earned second-team national honors with Zaza and Henderson earning a pair of honors.

The Tiger women will begin their events in Eugene on Thursday with the 4x100 relay starting at 6:32 p.m. CST. Auburn All-Americans Rachel Dincoff and Valentina Muzaric will enter the shot put circle for the Tigers, and junior Alyssa Kopp will compete in the javelin.

ESPNU will televise the meet Thursday from 6:30-7 p.m. CST, with ESPN2 taking over from 7:30-10 p.m. CST. ESPN3 will stream the meet from 2:30-10:30 p.m. CST. 

Share and discuss “Four Tigers earn All-American honors after day one of NCAA Championships” on social media.