Tigers and Bruins set for rematch in WCWS

The 2015 Women’s College World Series elimination game between Auburn and UCLA was back and forth before a 10th inning walk off walk captured the victory for the Tigers. The two teams will face off again in the first day of the Women’s College World Series in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Thursday afternoon.

Both teams are entering the week with a great deal of momentum as they both won the the last two games of their super regionals. Auburn lost game one of their super regional to Arizona, but stormed back on Sunday and took two from the Wildcats. Similarly, UCLA dropped their first game to Oregon, but won two in a row after that to advance to Oklahoma City.

UCLA will be playing in familiar territory, as the Bruins softball team has won more national championships than any other school. They finished second in a conference they are accustomed to dominating and are seeded 12th nationally.

The Bruins will likely send either Johanna Grauer or Selina Ta’amilo to the circle to face the Tigers. The two have split innings fairly equally throughout the season. Offensively, UCLA is led by Alexis Bennett, who has a .412 batting average. The Bruins also have three players who have hit over 13 home runs this season.

Auburn pitching coach Corey Myers will likely rely on Kaylee Carlson, Makayla Martin or Rachael Walters in the circle Thursday afternoon. Offensively, the Tigers are led by SEC Player of the Year Kasey Cooper, and All-American Emily Carosone.

First pitch is Thursday at 1:30 p.m. CST, and can be seen on ESPN. 

Share and discuss “Tigers and Bruins set for rematch in WCWS” on social media.