BJ Barham at Standard Deluxe: Aug. 26 Preview

Renowned musician BJ Barham will perform in Waverly this Friday.

On Aug. 26, The Standard Deluxe will continue its “Out in the Yard” concert series with performances from BJ Barham and Justin Osborne.

At the show, Barham, who usually fronts the alt-country band American Aquarium, will feature songs from his new solo album Rockingham.

Rockingham, which was released on Aug. 19, was partly inspired by the terrorist acts in Paris last November. 

At the time of the attacks, American Aquarium was touring in Europe and was only two hours away from the tragedy.

Being so close to the acts of hatred inspired Barham to look at the many places and people that inspired his own development. 

The songs that Barham wrote during these reflections became Rockingham, an intimate record brimming with songs that described Barham's home.

Justin Osborne, will be opening the show on Friday.

Osborne is the frontman and chief songwriter for Susto, a folk/Southern Rock band based in Charleston, South Carolina. 

Susto was formed by Osborne after he was inspired by local musicians on a trip to Cuba in 2013.

The band has gotten much attention since their debut album was released to critical acclaim in early 2014.

The Standard Deluxe is a a print shop and music venue based in the small town of Waverly, Alabama. 

The Standard Deluxe hosts several concerts throughout the year including their famous Heart of Waverly Bluegrass Festival in the Summer, The Waverly Boogie every fall and spring, and the Out In The Yard concerts which take place in the fall.

The concert starts at 7 p.m. on Friday; tickets sell for $20.

Share and discuss “BJ Barham at Standard Deluxe: Aug. 26 Preview” on social media.