Eight Auburn runners set personal records in Louisville

Eight Auburn runners posted personal bests on Saturday at the Louisville Classic in Louisville, Kentucky. Senior Veronica Eder finished fourth and set a personal best in the women’s 5k with a time of 16:53.50, leading the Tigers to an eighth place finish.

“The ladies had a strong meet in an extremely competitive field,” Auburn head coach Mark Carroll said. “Veronica had another strong performance and a PR. Kevin Wyss led us home for the fourth time this season. This was a good meet for us overall and we look forward to pushing toward the SEC Championship.”

2015 All-Region honoree, Brenda Kigen, finished with a time of 17:32.90 in her first race of the season. Senior Emily Stevens and junior Kenzley Defler both finished with personal bests, running 17:57.40 and 18:06.20 respectively.

On the men’s side, Wyss was the top scorer for Auburn yet again, finishing in 24:36.57 for a personal best in the men’s 8k. Freshman Andy Smith also finished with a personal best 26:36.96. Overall, the Auburn men finished in 16th place.

Eight Auburn runners posted personal bests on Saturday. Grand Valley State took home first place on the men’s side, while Michigan won the women’s meet.

Auburn cross country will return to action after a week off, when it travels to Tuscaloosa for the Crimson Classic on October 14.

Share and discuss “Eight Auburn runners set personal records in Louisville” on social media.