Meynen earns SEC honors for third consecutive week

For the third straight week, Auburn swim and dive freshman Julie Meynen has been named the Southeastern Conference’s female Freshman of the Week, the conference office announced on Tuesday.

Meynen, from Luxembourg, continued her freshman campaign last weekend to help Auburn run away with the team title at the Georgia Tech Invitational.

Meynen remained undefeated in the 100 free by winning the event in 48.33. The time is the eighth-fastest in the country and made her the fourth-fastest performer in the event in Auburn history. She also tied for second in the 50 free in 22.56, a season-best and the 24th-fastest time in the country.

Meynen also swam on both of Auburn’s winning sprint freestyle relays, swimming the second leg on both. Auburn’s 200 free relay time of 1:29.71 is the fourth-fastest in the country to date while the 400 free relay time of 3:17.01 is sixth-fastest in the country.

Meynen has now been named the SEC Freshman of the Week a total of four times, earning the award Oct. 18, Nov. 8 and Nov. 15. Since the SEC began recognizing a freshman weekly in 2008, Meynen is just the third female to win the award four times and the first to do it since 2010. 

Share and discuss “Meynen earns SEC honors for third consecutive week” on social media.