Tiger golf in 12th after opening round of Amer Ari Invitational

The Auburn men’s golf team finished twelfth in the opening round of the Amer Ari Invitational at the Kings’ Crossings Course in Waikoloa, Hawaii on Thursday. The seventh ranked Tigers ended the day at 2 over par with a score of 290, setting them 20 strokes back from the leader, No. 15 Texas Tech.

Southlake, Texas native. and All-SEC senior Matt Gilchrest lead the Tigers finishing in the 22 spot individually, carding a 2 under par (70).

Auburn senior Will Long finished in the top 30 with birdies on holes one, four, five and 18. The recently declared number 4 ranked player in the nation ended his round at one under par (71).

Sophomore Jacob Solomon is currently tied for 71st, with senior Ryan Benton close behind at 75. Ben Schlottman ended the day at 78.

Freshman South Africa native Jovan Rebula showed a strong performance as an individual in the tournament, carding three under on the day (69) and finishing 12th overall. Fellow teammate Trace Crowe shot 73 as an individual tying for 58th place.

Auburn will look to climb in the standings in the second round of the Amer Ari Invitational when action continues on Friday.

Share and discuss “Tiger golf in 12th after opening round of Amer Ari Invitational ” on social media.