Auburn remains in Top 10

Following their first series loss of the season, Auburn (24-10, 8-4) dropped to No. 10 in this week’s Baseball America rankings. The Tigers were ranked No. 7 last week, its highest ranking since 2004.

The Tigers lost three-of-four games last week, its first losing week of the season. Auburn fell to Georgia Tech Tuesday night 11-8 at Plainsman Park as the Yellow Jackets rallied from a 8-5 deficit to pick up a road win.

Auburn remained on the road over the weekend, taking on Texas A&M in College Station, Texas. The Tigers mustered just six runs in the three games, tallying just one run in Sunday’s 3-1 loss.

Auburn’s lone win of the week came Friday night as sophomore Casey Mize dominated the Aggies’ lineup. The right-hander struck out 12 over seven scoreless innings, dropping his ERA to 1.37. Mize leads the SEC with 75 strikeouts this season.

The SEC leads the nation with seven teams in the Top 25. No. 10 Auburn joins No. 9 LSU, No. 13 Mississippi State, No. 15 Kentucky, No. 16 Florida, No. 17 South Carolina and No. 19 Arkansas in the rankings this week.

Auburn continues play this week with a visit to Birmingham to take on Samford on Tuesday. The Bulldogs defeated Auburn 7-6 at Plainsman Park on Feb. 28. The Tigers will travel to Knoxville, Tennessee over the weekend to take on Tennessee.

Share and discuss “Auburn remains in Top 10” on social media.