Auburn earns highest ranking since 1999, Jonah Todd named SEC Player of the Week

Auburn continued to rake in the accolades Monday as the Tigers rose to No. 4 in this week’s Baseball America Top 25 and Jonah Todd was named SEC Player of the Week.

Auburn’s No. 4 ranking is its highest ranking since April 12, 1999.

The Tigers took 2-of-3 over the weekend from No. 8 Mississippi State. After falling Friday night, Auburn swept a doubleheader Saturday to tie the Bulldogs atop the SEC West.

The SEC leads the country with seven teams in the Top 25. Auburn joins No. 6 Kentucky, No. 9 Mississippi State, No. 11 Florida, No. 15 LSU, No. 16 Texas A&M and No. 18 Arkansas.

The Tigers were led over the weekend by Todd, who finished the week 8-for-14 (.571) with four RBI, five runs scored and one stolen base. He had a career-high four RBI in Auburn’s 17-8 victory in game one of the Saturday doubleheader. He reached base eight times in the two Auburn wins Saturday.

The Birmingport, Alabama native ranks second in the SEC with a .396 batting average. He has 13 doubles, three triples, 29 RBI and seven stolen bases.

It is the second week in a row that an Auburn player has been named SEC Player of the Week. Josh Anthony earned the honor last week. Todd is the fifth Tiger to be recognized by the SEC this season, joining Keegan Thompson, Will Holland, Davis Daniel and Anthony.

No. 4 Auburn will welcome archrival Alabama to Plainsman Park this weekend for a three-game series.

Share and discuss “Auburn earns highest ranking since 1999, Jonah Todd named SEC Player of the Week” on social media.