Cheers on the Corner set for July 28

The second annual Cheers on the Corner event will take place in downtown Auburn on July 28 from 6-10 p.m. 

The Downtown Merchants Association is hosting the event, allowing Auburn community members to walk through Auburn’s downtown and stop at participating businesses that will serve signature drink samples with paired hors d’oeuvres, with live music by Spencer Daniel and the Rogue Tones. 

Tickets for the event are $30 in advance or $35 at the week of the event, although Downtown Coordinator Jessica Kohn said it’s better to get them sooner rather than later. 

“We sold out last year, so we’re looking to double the amount this year,” Kohn said. “We already have a good bit of corporate tents accounted for, and that’s eight tickets right there, and our corporate sponsors are provided with ten tickets each.” 

For $350, a business or group will reserve a corporate tent and table along with eight chairs and eight tickets.

“The corporate tents will provide a comfortable place to hang out. It’ll provide shade before the sun goes down, a guaranteed place to sit as well as a table where you can eat and drink and listen to the band,” Kohn said. 

Ticket holders will be given a wrist band and a souvenir glass on the night of Cheers on the Corner, with each stop having rinsers to clean the glass before trying the wine, beer, margaritas or other beverages being offered. 

Kohn expects there to be around 20 stops for this year’s event, with participating businesses ranging from restaurants to retail shops and boutiques. 

“Money from the tickets will benefit downtown. Our downtown is thriving, and we want to make sure that we’re providing entertainment to our citizens and guests who come to Auburn,” Kohn said. “By holding events like this, it allows us to continue holding events like this in the future.” 

Tickets are available for purchase at downtownauburnonline.com    

Share and discuss “Cheers on the Corner set for July 28” on social media.