Parking services to launch new parking app

Just as students are preparing for the new semester, so is Auburn University's Parking Services. Don Andrae, parking services manager, said they have a lot in store and hope to get the ball rolling on a few news ideas.

From increasing the accessibility of campus from far away parking to adding new technology, Andrae said Parking Services is keeping the students' needs first. 

According to Andrae, the WarEagle Express, the new golf cart system, will run from Cambridge to Thach Concourse, stop at Village dining and go out to R.O.  

"This is going to replace the super shuttle and will run from 6-10 p.m. Monday through Friday," Andrae said.

Many students who lived in Cambridge complained that they could not reach their cars after the buses stopped running, and the WarEagle Express was the most efficient way possible to get those students there, Andrae said.

"For right now the fees will not be going up, but they possibly will the next year," Andrae said.

Parking Services has also teamed up with engineering students to help design a new app for students. 

"It will tell you whether spaces are available or not in a lot," Andrae said. "We are starting with the lots all across War Eagle Way, the Colosseum lot, front and back of poultry science and the McWhorter lot."

Andrae said this will allow for more convenient parking and ease of access. It will also allow students to see when they can rent a bike through the bike share program and where the transit buses are, combining three apps into one. 

Parking Services is doing everything they can to make parking as easy as possible for students, visitors and staff, Andrae said. They are also considering adding two new parking decks on or near campus. 

"The only problem we face with building a new deck is where to put it," Andrae said. "We want it to be accessible parking for students, but it also can't take space away from classrooms. It is a bad situation to be in, but we are going to make the best of it."

Share and discuss “Parking services to launch new parking app” on social media.