Auburn student creates travel website to help find cheap travel

Jonny Bradford, junior in industrial and systems engineering, had always been interested in the travel industry, but after spending the summer doing internships, Bradford realized he had an idea.

"I did a lot of research on the travel industry this summer," Bradford said.

In an age in which travel is all about dropping everything, quitting your job and backpacking in exotic locations, Bradford wanted to take a different approach. 

"I realized that wasn't really applicable to me or anyone I knew at this point in our lives with most people doing full-time work or full-time school," Bradford said.

A cheap travel website was exactly what the industry needed, and Bradford knew it.

"All I was doing was working, but when we were slow I wouldn't have anything to do so I would just type things on Google just out of curiosity," Bradford said.

The website is intended for people who may not have the time or money to travel regularly and works by giving people access to cheap flights from all different airlines.

Although the website, JonnyBradford.com, isn't fully up and running yet, that hasn't stopped Bradford from taking advantage of his idea. 

"I went to Europe and my ticket was only $89, and I flew to Orlando for $19 and Cleveland for $20," Bradford said.

Bradford said he wants to see every place in the world for the experience. After discovering the pattern of finding cheap flights, Bradford decided he might as well pursue it. 

Bradford is currently working on getting the website fully up and running and said the website's outline is ready but without all the flights and deals. Bradford created the website with the help of graphic designer Adelaide Matte of AMD Creative Branding in Birmingham, who created the layout and design of the web page.

Although travel has always been an important part of Bradford's life and something that has made him who he is today, he admitted the idea just sort of fell into his lap. Through due diligence, Bradford has figured out the ins and outs of the travel industry and has applied his knowledge to his new website.

With how Bradford has been able to take advantage of a multitude of cheap deals across the travel industry, excitement for the website's release is warranted. Although Bradford wasn't able to secure the domain name that he wanted, "JonVoyage.com," he admitted he likes the idea of using his actual name for his business.

Share and discuss “Auburn student creates travel website to help find cheap travel” on social media.