A Florist on Valentines Day

For many people, Valentine's Day is a stressful holiday. Girlfriends and boyfriends demand monetary displays of affection, restaurants fill up with romantic reservations, and for those without a significant other, that fact is seemingly put on display.

Despite all that, there is one job that seems like it would be the most stressful around this holiday of love.

Auburn Flowers & Gifts is a florist on North College Street that has been locally owned and operated for more than 25 years.

The store's bright interior welcomes customers in and their bouquets are what gets them in line.

However, as Valentine's Day approaches, so does the stress in the store. Lauren Carmichael, an employee at Auburn Flowers & Gifts, said that there isn't really another holiday that is comparable.

"Mother's Day is close," she said, "but nothing beats Valentine's Day.

When asked about how the store deals with this increase in demand, Carmichael said, "We bring in family and spouses and we work through the weekend to get all the vases out."

For a lot of people this Valentine's rush for flowers would make work even more stressful, but not for the employees at Auburn Flowers & Gifts. "It's just really fun getting to work with everyone," Carmichael said

So while working in a florist arounds Valentine's day might seem to be one of the hardest jobs in Auburn, apparently it's more fun than one would think.

Share and discuss “A Florist on Valentines Day” on social media.