Why Auburn intramural sports are awesome, how to get involved

Intramural sports on campus offer students an outlet to play their favorite sport on a level of a competition of their choosing. Intramural sports allow for leagues to play competitively or casually.

In order to form a team, an interest form must be completed on the Campus Recreation portal for intramurals. Once filed, the program will call for a team captain to be present at a meeting to set up the league.

Because the games need to be played, the program also needs referees and umpires. Classes are offered for the positions, and students can apply to work as a ref at the aforementioned portal as well.

With Auburn intramural sports, students get the full experience of the nation's top recreational athletic facilities, including the intramural fields behind the softball complex. Any given season will last a few months, and the schedule will be emailed to a team and its captain.

Once on a team, whether it be with friends or strangers, the games will be what you make them. No previous experience is required for any of the sports, and participation at all games isn't mandatory in every league.

Intramural sports at Auburn encompass individual and team sports for both male and female students. Team sports include flag football, sand volleyball and soccer. Special events and tournaments such as tennis, golf and swimming and diving are also held during the year.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Why Auburn intramural sports are awesome, how to get involved ” on social media.