Auburn gains commitment from grad transfer WR Zach Farrar

MORGANTOWN, WEST VIRGINIA - SEPTEMBER 8, 2018: Youngstown State's Zach Farrar is tackled by West Virginia's Derek Pitts Jr. during the first half of their game, Saturday night. DAVID DERMER | THE VINDICATOR

Gus Malzahn got his grad transfer receiver in the end.

After missing on Arkansas transfer La'Michael Pettway earlier this month, Auburn earned a commitment from Youngstown State University transfer Zach Farrar, he announced on his Twitter on Saturday afternoon.

Farrar, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound receiver, originally committed to Oklahoma as a three-star prospect out of high school. He redshirted with the Sooners during the 2016 season before transferring to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Farrar played one JUCO season there before transferring to Youngstown State, where he appeared in six games last season, catching 20 passes and two touchdowns.

Farrar also played baseball at both Youngstown and Oklahoma after being drafted in the 26th round by the White Sox out of high school. He told AuburnSports.com he plans to do the same at Auburn.

“It’s the immediate need at the position,” Farrar said of playing receiver at Auburn. “That’s the bottom line. I’m coming from a D-1 AA school, but Auburn sees my potential and they know I can play.”

Farrar will be immediately eligible for a pair of seasons with the Tigers.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn gains commitment from grad transfer WR Zach Farrar” on social media.