Auburn putting undefeated record at Kyle Field on the line Saturday

<p>Via Texas A&amp;M athletics.</p>

Via Texas A&M athletics.

Kyle Field is notoriously one of the loudest stadiums in the country, boasting a capacity above 100,000, but the “Home of the 12th Man” has not intimidated Auburn in the past.

The Aggies hold the all-time series lead over the Tigers at 5-4, but Auburn remains undefeated at Kyle Field heading into Saturday’s showdown. Auburn and Texas A&M squared off twice before becoming conference opponents in the summer of 2012. The Aggies bested the Tigers in 1911 in Dallas, and also defeated Auburn in the 1986 Cotton Bowl 36-16.

Auburn first visited Kyle Field on Oct. 19, 2013. In the seventh game of the 2013 regular season Auburn defeated the Aggies 45-41, surviving on the road despite Johnny Manziel’s 454 passing yards and four touchdowns. 

Auburn’s largest victory at Kyle Field came in 2017 when the Tigers vanquished the Aggies 42-27. Jarrett Stidham threw three touchdown passes and Kerryon Johnson picked up 145 rushing yards to help the Tigers secure a 15-point victory. 

One of the tools that teams across the country, including Auburn, use to mimic the atmosphere of a place like Kyle Field is simulated crowd noise. Gus Malzahn has been cranking up the loud speakers this week to prepare the team, and particularly quarterback Bo Nix, for making checks and audibles in such a rowdy environment. 

"We just go there to play and have fun," Auburn receiver Will Hastings said of the team's undefeated record in Aggieland. "We’re obviously going there to bring home a 'W' and that’s our plan. So we don’t really think about, we’ve never lost there, or we’ve won there or lost — we don’t really think about it. We just go there to win."

Auburn and Texas A&M will face off at 2:30 p.m CST (CBS) in College Station.

Share and discuss “Auburn putting undefeated record at Kyle Field on the line Saturday” on social media.