Kickoff Time, TV set for Auburn's matchup with Florida in The Swamp

<p>JaTarvious Whitlow (28) runs the ball during Auburn vs. Kent State, on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

JaTarvious Whitlow (28) runs the ball during Auburn vs. Kent State, on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

The No. 7 Auburn Tigers will kick off a long road stretch next weekend when they head to Gainesville to take on the No. 9 Florida Gators on Saturday, Oct. 5.

The kickoff time has been announced for 2:30 p.m. CST on CBS.

This matchup marks the first time the Tigers have taken on the Gators since 2011, and the first time the Tigers have traveled to Gainesville since 2007. The 2007 matchup ended with Tigers kicker Wes Byrum hitting a 45-yard field goal to knock off the Gators, who were led by Urban Meyer and eventual Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow.

This year however, Florida will be relying on backup quarterback Kyle Trask. Following a season-ending injury to starter Feleipe Franks, Trask came in and led the Gators to a comeback victory against the Kentucky Wildcats. Trask followed that up with a solid performance against Tennessee, throwing for 293 yards and two touchdowns.

The Gators will mark the third ranked opponent the Tigers have faced thus far.

The Tigers take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs at home this Saturday (6 p.m. CST) before traveling to Gainesville.

Share and discuss “Kickoff Time, TV set for Auburn's matchup with Florida in The Swamp” on social media.