Auburn hires Jack Bicknell Jr. as new offensive line coach

Bicknell spent the previous three seasons working as the Ole Miss offensive line coach, boasting 33 years of experience including 25 years in college and seven in the National Football League.

<p>Bicknell Jr. via Ole Miss athletics.</p>

Bicknell Jr. via Ole Miss athletics.

Just days after J.B. Grimes stepped away from the program, Auburn has named Jack Bicknell Jr. as the new offensive line coach.

In the NFL, Bicknell Jr. spent one year as the offensive line coach in Kansas City, one in Pittsburgh, three with the Giants and two years with the Dolphins. His NFL career started in 2009 when he joined the Giants and, in 2012, he helped lead the Giants to their fourth Super Bowl when they defeated the Patriots 27-17.

Auburn is searching for consistency with Bicknell Jr., since the offensive line position and its coaching staff has been somewhat of a whirlwind under Gus Malzahn. 

"Jack has a wealth of coaching experience and success in all levels of football, including the last three years in the SEC," Malzahn said. "He has been a part of a Super Bowl championship team and been a head coach collegiately. Jack's diverse and extensive resume will be valuable in developing our offensive line unit. We're very excited to have Jack join our staff here at Auburn."

Bicknell will inherit just one returning linemen in center Nick Brahms, but Auburn has already added five linemen during the early signing period. They remain in the mix for current Georgia commit Broderick Jones and JUCO lineman Brendan Coffey.

“I’m fired up to be joining a tradition-rich program like Auburn," Bicknell Jr. said. "Auburn has always been known as a blue-collar, hard working team that has achieved a tremendous amount of success. I am very appreciative of Coach Malzahn for this opportunity. He and Coach Morris are very well respected offensive minds in the game of football and I can’t wait to work with them and the rest of the Auburn staff.”

During the 2019 season, Ole Miss was second in the SEC and ninth nationally in rushing, averaging 251.2 yards per game. 

Bicknell Jr. is the second addition to Malzahn’s staff in recent months after Chad Morris was hired to replace Kenny Dillingham, who left for the same position at Florida State, at offensive coordinator.

Share and discuss “Auburn hires Jack Bicknell Jr. as new offensive line coach” on social media.