Auburn Pharmacy serves up retro feel

<p>Auburn Pharmacy is located at 643 N. Dean Road.</p>

Auburn Pharmacy is located at 643 N. Dean Road.

Like a relic from the past, Auburn Pharmacy serves up an old-fashioned vibe at its combined pharmacy and gift store.

After opening in late November, Auburn Pharmacy now serves the community from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday through Friday. Chris and Nicole Finley own and operate the pharmacy. 

Prior to establishing Auburn Pharmacy, Nicole Finley ran a successful women’s boutique in Bainbridge, Georgia, for five years before selling the company and joining her husband Chris, who was a student at the Harrison School of Pharmacy at Auburn University. 

Chris gained experience in multiple roles in various pharmacies over the course of eight years before opening Auburn Pharmacy. 

“It quickly became our dream to go into business together, and she would run the gift shop while I ran the pharmacy,’’ Chris said. “We felt a calling that this was our purpose, and when given the opportunity, we took the leap.”

Unlike other orthodox pharmacies, Auburn Pharmacy is an independent pharmacy that tries to incorporate an old-fashioned atmosphere and aesthetic, Chris said.

“We designed it to be very efficient but have the same comfortable feel that you get from your old local pharmacy on the square,” Chris said. 

Auburn Pharmacy does, however, function as most chain pharmacies do by offering conventional services like free delivery, free medical packaging, vaccinations, prescription fills in five to ten minutes and coverage under all major insurance companies.

“Our mantra has always been to take care of people and let the rest take care of itself,” Chris said.

In addition to its retro and quaint appeal, Auburn Pharmacy is different in that it houses a large gift shop that includes “shopping from the drive-thru” and free gift wrapping. 

“These first few weeks have been amazing in how we have been embraced by those looking to support local businesses and keep their hard-earned money within our beautiful community,” Chris said. “We will continue to pay it forward to the benefit of this community.”

Share and discuss “Auburn Pharmacy serves up retro feel” on social media.