A look at Auburn's remaining recruiting targets

Bruce Pearl during Auburn Men's Basketball vs. Georgia, on Saturday, Jan. 11, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

After missing out on 5-star guard Jalen Green, head coach Bruce Pearl and the Tigers are left with two scholarship spots to fill. The list of players Auburn is targeting has dwindled, and is now down to just six players.

Auburn will likely go after a transfer, as well.

(F) Greg Brown

Top schools: Texas, Memphis, Auburn, Kentucky, Michigan, G League

With Green off the board, Greg Brown becomes the highest-rated target for Auburn (at least for now). 

Brown is listed at 6-foot-9 and at power forward but has expressed interest in playing small forward, a position Auburn could use some help at.

Originally from Texas, Brown is a freak athlete that can run the floor well with the likes of Sharife Cooper. Brown still needs to develop his shot, but that will come with time.

Brown is a perfect fit to run a fast-paced, run-and-gun style offense with Cooper, JT Thor, Devan Cambridge and Jaylin Williams by his side.

As of now, Texas and Memphis seem to still be the favorites, but Auburn has picked up some buzz recently with Corey Evans of Rivals even saying, “There have been whispers in recent weeks that Auburn has gained ground and taken the leader spot with just two weeks until his commitment.”

On Thursday, Brown added an official offer from the G League to his final list of options.

Brown is set to announce his decision next Friday, April 24.

(C) Dylan Cardwell

Top schools: Georgia, Auburn, Connecticut, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati

While Auburn remained focused on Green and Brown, Dylan Cardwell never fell too far out of Auburn’s sights.

Cardwell hasn’t gotten too involved with other colleges either, as the life-long Auburn and nephew of football defensive line coach Rodney Garner has been waiting to receive this offer.

The big man spent his senior season at McEachern High School with Sharife Cooper, but was forced to sit out the year due to transfer rules.

He’s viewed as someone that’s already very strong defensively and can get rebounds, but will need to develop his offensive game and become more physical at the next level.

Expect to hear Auburn give Cardwell an offer soon, and don’t be shocked if he commits shortly after.

(C) Kai Sotto

Top Schools: Auburn, DePaul, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, USC, G League

Originally from the Philippines, Kai Sotto remains an unknown in Auburn’s 2020 recruiting class.

Sotto is listed at 7-foot-2 and can run the floor, but rumors have circulated he will take a similar approach to Green. 

It’s even been rumored Sotto could join Green’s “Select Team” in the G League.

If Sotto were to go to college, he has visited Auburn once and the Tigers are likely still interested in him. 

However, Auburn will likely focus on Cardwell unless Sotto were to really begin to express interest in coming to Auburn.

(F) Jonathan Kuminga

Top Schools: Duke, Kentucky, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU

While Brown is the highest-rated recruit in the 2020 class, Jonathan Kuminga in the 2021 class is technically the highest-rated player Auburn is chasing.

Kuminga is looking to reclassify to 2020 and would become a highly sought after prospect by schools all across the country.

Duke is viewed as a leader for Kuminga right now, but just recently Auburn received a FutureCast to land Kumina, again from Corey Evans of Rivals.

Kuminga is an extremely talented recruit who is the No. 1 player in the class of 2021 and if he were to reclassify, he would likely take that title in 2020.

(C) Adama Sanogo

Top Schools: Connecticut, Nebraska, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Xavier, Auburn

A teammate of Kuminga and another player looking to reclassify to 2020, Adama Sanogo is another option for Auburn at center.

Kuminga and Sanogo have been rumored to be a package deal wherever they land.

Sanogo said on April 9 he was working on setting up a virtual visit with Auburn.

Just like Kuminga, a lot still remains to be seen what will happen with Sanogo’s recruitment process, but Auburn is in the mix. 

(C) Josh Gray

Top Schools: LSU, Auburn, Providence, Seton Hall, West Virginia

The final option Auburn has at center is Josh Gray. 

Now technically, Auburn hasn’t even given him an official offer yet, but he remains someone the coaches have talked to and a potential last-resort if Auburn were to miss on both Cardwell and Sotto.

Right now, LSU seems to be the favorite. 

Share and discuss “A look at Auburn's remaining recruiting targets” on social media.