Jack Driscoll becomes fourth Tiger selected, drafted to the Eagles in the 4th round

Jack Driscoll (71) takes part in the Senior Day Ceremony prior to the start of Auburn Football vs. Alabama, on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn right tackle Jack Driscoll was drafted to the Philadelphia Eagles with the 39th pick in the fourth round of the NFL Draft Saturday, becoming the Tigers' first offensive lineman taken ahead of left tackle Prince Tega Wanogho. 

Driscoll started his college career at the University of Massachusetts in 2015 but came to Auburn as a graduate transfer in 2018 to play his final two seasons of eligibility for the Tigers. During his three years at Massachusetts, Driscoll started in 20 games after becoming a redshirt freshman positioned at left guard and tackle.

While at Auburn, he earned the spot of right tackle and started every game in the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Driscoll had 45 consecutive starts which put him at No. 10 against other current offensive linemen. 

Head coach Gus Malzhan has been known to move Driscoll around the line of scrimmage where he’s performed well on all positions, showing his versatility.

The four-year starter was able to show out at the NFL combine much like his father, John Driscoll, did in 1988 before he was drafted to the Buffalo Bills. This year, Driscoll completed the 40-yard dash in 5.02 seconds as well as benching 225 pounds for 23 reps. 

Driscoll’s veteran mindset and versatility in positioning has made him a target for NFL teams. He joins former Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts in Philadelphia. 

Mattison Allen | Sports Writer
Mattison Allen

Mattison Allen is a senior from Springville, Ala. She's majoring in public relations communications with the goal of becoming a sports information director one day. 

@mattcurtlynn

mca0049@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “Jack Driscoll becomes fourth Tiger selected, drafted to the Eagles in the 4th round” on social media.