Marlon Davidson drafted 47th overall to the Atlanta Falcons

<p>Marlon Davidson (3) waves to Auburn fans during the Auburn vs. LSU game Saturday Oct. 26, 2019, in Baton Rogue, La.</p>

Marlon Davidson (3) waves to Auburn fans during the Auburn vs. LSU game Saturday Oct. 26, 2019, in Baton Rogue, La.

The other half of Auburn's disruptive defensive line has been drafted and the 1-2 punch of Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson have now both been taken off the board. 

Not to mention, the friends and former teammates will now get to face off twice a year in the NFC South. Marlon Davidson has been selected 47th overall to the Atlanta Falcons in the second round of this year's NFL draft. 

A four-year starter at defensive end for the Tigers, Davidson started in 51 of 52 possible games over his four-year career at Auburn. Davidson impressed at Auburn from the very beginning, becoming the first true freshman to start on the defensive line in the last 30 years.

During his time on the Plains, he recorded 17 sacks, including 7.5 his senior season. The 17 career sacks rank as eighth-most in program history. 

Davidson could have opted for the draft following his junior season, but elected to stay at Auburn for his senior year. In his senior season, he recorded a career-highs in sacks, tackles and forced fumbles. 

Davidson's play earned him SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week on four separate occasions during the 2019 season. 

Share and discuss “Marlon Davidson drafted 47th overall to the Atlanta Falcons ” on social media.