University announces ways it will recognize spring graduates

<p>Samford Hall in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Samford Hall in Auburn, Ala.

Though commencement for spring 2020 graduates has been postponed until August, Auburn University will still recognize these students virtually.

“We are proud of this graduating class and appreciate their resilience throughout the many uncertainties and challenges resulting from this global pandemic,” said Provost Bill Hardgrave. “It is important that we recognize their scholarly achievements and do all we can to honor their hard work.”

On Auburn's commencement website, spring graduates have the opportunity to contribute a personal photo from their years spent at Auburn that will come together to form a mosaic image of the University's logo.

The website also allows graduates to take photos with virtual backgrounds of Samford and Langdon Hall.

University President Jay Gogue will send commemorative gift boxes to all spring graduates through the mail starting next week. Each graduate should receive a mortarboard, tassel, official Alumni Association pin, two commencement programs, a graduate game day button, a copy of the Auburn Creed and academic honor cords for those who met the necessary criteria.

The University said final decisions on an August commencement for spring and summer graduates are contingent on public health circumstances in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic.

While Auburn's summer commencement typically recognizes 1,500 graduates across two ceremonies, the University plans to hold multiple ceremonies over two days, provided the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided.

Trice Brown | Campus Editor

Trice Brown, sophomore in english language arts education, is the campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

@trice_tm

campus@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “University announces ways it will recognize spring graduates” on social media.