Auburn announces reduced fan capacity at Jordan-Hare; tailgating not allowed on campus

<p>Students painted up prior the Auburn Vs. Texas A&M football game at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Saturday, Sept 17, 2016.</p>

Students painted up prior the Auburn Vs. Texas A&M football game at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Saturday, Sept 17, 2016.

Jordan-Hare Stadium will operate at 20% capacity for Auburn’s home opener against Kentucky, with all general seating being reserved for Auburn students.

Following Alabama state guidelines, the University announced that Jordan Hare Stadium will operate at 20% capacity for the home opener on Sept. 26. 

All general seating outside of controlled premium spaces and those designated for home and visiting team player and coach guests will be reserved for Auburn students.

“We look forward to having Auburn students in attendance at our season opener and appreciate everyone’s flexibility and understanding as we adjust to this temporary reality of reduced capacity at Jordan-Hare Stadium,” Athletic Director Allen Greene said. “All attendees will share a responsibility for health and safety. A zealous commitment to face coverings, physical distancing and personal hygiene will lead to the best outcome.”

Season ticket holders will have the ability to opt-out of attending football games during the 2020 season. 

If a season ticket holder opts out, they will have three options: make a philanthropic donation to support Auburn student-athletes, credit purchases to the 2021 season, or receive a full refund.

Students will receive more information for requesting tickets to the home opener as it becomes readily available.

Face coverings will be required for all spectators and gameday workers. Following the CDC, state and local guidelines, tailgating on Auburn’s campus will be prohibited this season.

Ticket allocations for future games will be released at a later date. As more information about COVID-19 becomes available and the season progresses, seating plans and configurations could also change.

The SEC is one of three Power 5 conferences (ACC and Big 12) who have announced plans to proceed with this year’s college football season. The Pac-12 and Big 10 conferences announced on Aug. 11 that they were canceling its fall season.

Share and discuss “Auburn announces reduced fan capacity at Jordan-Hare; tailgating not allowed on campus” on social media.