Anthony Schwartz feels 'pretty good' about Auburn offense after Week 1

Anthony Schwartz (1) sprints down the sideline during Auburn Football vs. Kentucky on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn’s 29-13 win over Kentucky on Saturday was an ideal start for Auburn’s offense. For junior wide receiver Anthony Schwartz, the contest was an encouraging sign of things to come. 

“I felt like we did pretty good,” Schwartz said. “(The offense) had pretty much a clean game... especially having four linemen starting on this offense for the first time.”

Overall, Schwartz was happy with Auburn’s offensive production against Kentucky and was impressed with the play of quarterback Bo Nix. 

“Bo looked great,” Schwartz said. “He didn’t let the pressure get to him... he had one throw 40 yards off his back foot, which was amazing. I didn’t even realize that.”

While the speedy wideout was excited by the promising play provided by the offense, the junior was most encouraged by the efforts brought forth by the team’s tight ends.

“I feel like tight ends are the biggest mismatches for any defense,” Schwartz said.”  I’m glad to see that we’re getting tight ends involved. I think it’s going to be a big game for them. They want the ball as much as we do as receivers.”

Only one tight end caught a pass in Saturday’s game with John Samuel Shenker catching a pass for two yards, but there were only three offensive snaps in which there was no tight end on the field for the Tigers.

Schwartz finished Saturday’s contest with three receptions for 40 yards and felt good about his performance. 

“Personally, I feel like I had a pretty clean game,” Schwartz said. “I don’t feel like I had any assignments missed.”

Schwartz and the rest of the Tigers will travel to Athens, Georgia, to take on the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday, Oct. 3. The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry will be at 6:30 p.m. CST and air on ESPN.

Share and discuss “Anthony Schwartz feels 'pretty good' about Auburn offense after Week 1” on social media.