The SEC releases Auburn volleyball's 2020 schedule

Katie Persons (14) and Tatum Shipes (21) prepare to hit during the Auburn vs. Alabama game on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

The SEC has released its complete conference-only volleyball schedule, with Auburn’s first match at home against Florida on Oct. 21. The match will mark first-year head coach Brent Crouch’s debut for the Tigers. 

Auburn will play four teams this season, playing each team twice on back-to-back days.

“I love that we are getting tested early in our SEC schedule against some of the top teams in the conference,” Crouch said. “It’s remarkable that the SEC and Auburn have been able to put into place health protocols that can make this fall season a reality." 

Following the season opener on Oct. 21, the Gators and Tigers will hold game two of the series on Oct. 22. Both matches are set to start at 7 p.m. CST inside Auburn Arena.

The Tigers head to Columbia, South Carolina, for their next two matches on Oct. 28 and 29 to take on the Gamecocks.

Auburn will stay on the road for its third set of matches when it faces Kentucky on the weekend of Nov. 7 and 8 in Lexington. The opening serve is set at 3 p.m. CST for both matches versus the Wildcats.

The season concludes inside Auburn Arena two weeks later (Nov. 21 and 22) with two matches against Tennessee.

"Our players are looking to put last season behind them and take a positive step forward this year," Crouch said. "I’m happy for them that the opportunity is now.”

In the event that any matches need to be postponed due to COVID-19, the week of Nov. 23-27 has been set aside for makeup contests.

SEC volleyball teams will participate in spring competitions, with more details being released at a later date.

Share and discuss “The SEC releases Auburn volleyball's 2020 schedule” on social media.