Nick Brahms, Smoke Monday earn SEC Player of the Week honors

Smoke Monday (21) warms up prior to Auburn Football vs. Kentucky on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.

Smoke Monday and Nick Brahms received SEC Player of the Week honors following their performances in the 30-17 win over Tennessee, the conference announced on Monday. 

Monday was named Defensive Player of the Week, while Brahms was named Offensive Lineman of the Week.

With 2:21 left in the third quarter, Tennessee was driving deep inside Auburn territory. Then, on a second-down play from the 12-yard line, Monday jumped in front of a pass from Tennessee quarterback Jarrett Guarantano and intercepted the ball.

The junior ran 100-yards to the end zone for an Auburn touchdown, the third 100-yard pick-six in school history. The interception was Monday’s third of his career and the second pick-six, with the other coming in the 2019 Iron Bowl against Alabama. 

He also recorded four tackles and a quarterback hurry.

Meanwhile, on the offensive front, Brahms was named Offensive Lineman of the Week. 

With injuries to right tackle Broadarius Hamm and left tackle Alec Jackson, Brahms stepped up and helped Auburn produce 385 yards of total offense. Auburn's offense produced five scoring drives against Tennessee, including three that consisted of at least 12 plays and lasted for over five minutes in possession.

Share and discuss “Nick Brahms, Smoke Monday earn SEC Player of the Week honors” on social media.