Malzahn provides injury updates ahead of Texas A&M

Oct 3, 2020; Tuscaloosa AL, USA; Tank Bigsby (4) runs the ball during the game between Auburn and Alabama at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Heading into Saturday's game against Texas A&M, Auburn could be without some of its key contributors because of injuries. 

Left tackle Alec Jackson will officially not be playing against Texas A&M. Jackson had surgery on his hand and will be recovering for the week. He also tried to play in the Iron Bowl with a wrapped up hand, but it was too much for him to stay in the game. 

Tank Bigsby suffered a hip injury in Week 7 against Tennessee, and while he suited up to play in the Iron Bowl, Bigsby was less than 100%, according to head coach Gus Malzahn. 

Also at running back, D.J. Williams suffered an ankle injury in the first quarter of the Iron Bowl, and Malzahn said he's questionable for this weekend's game.

Fellow offensive lineman Brodarious Hamm is also questionable to play against the Aggies on Saturday. Hamm left the game early against Tennessee with a left leg injury. Hamm wore a leg brace in the Iron Bowl, and played in the first half but was replaced by Brenden Coffey on the offensive line. 

“[Hamm] and [Bigsby] will be similar to the last week,” Malzahn said. “We’ll see the other two along with Jaylin Simpson, who wasn’t able to play last week. We’ll see how they progress during the week."

Simpson has appeared in five games this season at defensive back and played against Tennessee but did not suit up for the Iron Bowl. 

Auburn will play No. 5 Texas A&M on Dec. 5 at 11 a.m. CST at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The game will be broadcast on ESPN. 

Share and discuss “Malzahn provides injury updates ahead of Texas A&M” on social media.