Anthony Schwartz declaring for NFL Draft

<p>Anthony Schwartz (1) runs after the catch during the game between Auburn and Georgia at Samford Stadium on Oct 3, 2020; Athens, GA, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics</p>

Anthony Schwartz (1) runs after the catch during the game between Auburn and Georgia at Samford Stadium on Oct 3, 2020; Athens, GA, USA. Photo via: Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

After not taking part in Auburn's bowl game on Friday, Anthony Schwartz announced Saturday via social media that he was forgoing his senior season and declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft.

During his three seasons at Auburn, Schwartz played in 36 career games and finished with 117 receptions for 1,433 yards and six receiving touchdowns. 

Schwartz's nickname was "Flash," and it was an accurate one as he not only used his speed as a receiver, but he also contributed on the ground. "Flash" finished with 42 rushing attempts for 323 yards and seven touchdowns in three seasons.

The 2020 season saw Schwartz lead the team in receptions with a career-high 54 catches and was second on the team in receiving yards with a career-high 636 yards.

Currently, Schwartz is only one of two Auburn players to declare for the 2021 NFL Draft, joining linebacker K.J. Britt. 

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.comĀ 

Share and discuss “Anthony Schwartz declaring for NFL Draft” on social media.