AU extends remote operations through Feb. 7

<p>Samford Hall in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Samford Hall in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn University announced that it will extend its remote operations policy another week through Feb. 7, returning to full on-campus operations on Feb. 8. The extension was announced via a campus-wide email to students and faculty on Friday afternoon.

"This one-week extension will allow for the additional review of COVID-19 policy changes recently announced by the Biden administration," the University said in the email.

The further change to policy means that faculty offering face-to-face courses this semester may opt to teach their classes remotely, either synchronously or asynchronously, for an additional two weeks, factoring into the previous extension. Students whose courses continue to be held remotely will be notified of these changes to class delivery, the University said.

Despite the extension, the University said all current COVID-19 guidelines will remain in place.

"Students, faculty and staff are expected to comply with all University policies — including wearing face coverings indoors and outdoors and practicing physical distancing and proper hygiene — as well as restrictions on travel and event size," the University said.

Tim Nail | Campus Editor

Tim Nail, junior in journalism, is the campus editor for The Auburn Plainsman.

@timmnail

timnail@auburn.edu

Share and discuss “AU extends remote operations through Feb. 7” on social media.