Auburn University extends remote operations through Jan. 31

<p>Some instructors said they are surprised students prefer online classes over face-to-face options.</p>

Some instructors said they are surprised students prefer online classes over face-to-face options.

Auburn University has extended its current method of remote operations an extra week, according to an email sent to University employees on Friday, Jan. 15. This extra week will allow instructors teaching in-person courses to teach online until the end of the month if desired.

“Faculty teaching face-to-face courses have the option to continue remote instruction through Jan. 31 if they choose,” the email states. “Faculty are not required to teach remotely and may continue to offer face-to-face courses.”

Similar to faculty, employees who are currently working from home may continue to do so through Jan. 31 with approval from their supervisor. 

The email continued by saying that all members of the campus community, vaccinated or not, should continue to follow the University's “A Healthier U” COVID-19 safety protocols, like social distancing, wearing face coverings and completing daily Healthcheck screeners.

“Updated information regarding the University’s vaccination plans and sentinel testing will be shared as it is available,” the email states. “Future updates to the University’s operations will be announced each Friday.”

Share and discuss “Auburn University extends remote operations through Jan. 31” on social media.