Auburn Board of Trustees approves next steps for multiple building projects

<p>Samford Hall at Auburn University on Aug. 26, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Samford Hall at Auburn University on Aug. 26, 2020, in Auburn, Ala.

In the most recent meeting of the Auburn University Board of Trustees, the next steps for multiple building projects put forward by the Property and Facilities Committee were approved by the Board.

The first of these approved renovations is for the recording studio inside Goodwin Hall, the location of Auburn’s Department of Music. According to Simon Yendle, University architect, the project will renovate existing rooms, adding new acoustic walls and windows, as well as replacing existing flooring, doors and duct work. 

The $1.3 million dollars necessary for this renovation will be financed by the College of Liberal Arts, Yendle said.

Next, Auburn’s Board of Trustees approved the architecture selection for the Hood McPherson building renovation. Williams Blackstock Architects, based out of Birmingham, Alabama, were selected as the architecture firm to renovate the Hood McPherson building. The Board also approved the architecture selection for the renovation of Lowder Hall, choosing INOX Design, based out of Marietta, Georgia, as the architecture firm to renovate Lowder Hall.

Finally, the Board approved construction of the new Football Performance Center, to be completed in February 2022. An indoor, 233,400-square-foot facility with two natural turf practice fields, the Football Performance Center is expected to cost $91.1 million dollars and will be financed by University bonds. 

Share and discuss “Auburn Board of Trustees approves next steps for multiple building projects” on social media.