Bigsby looking forward to spring practice possibilities

<p>Tank Bigsby (4)</p>
<p>AU FB 1st day of spring practice on Monday, March 15, 2021 in Auburn, Ala.</p>
<p>Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics</p>

Tank Bigsby (4)

AU FB 1st day of spring practice on Monday, March 15, 2021 in Auburn, Ala.

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

While other positions have faced changes in their coaching, Tank Bigsby’s sophomore season features the return of coach Carnell “Cadillac” Williams for the running backs. The sophomore running back feels that having Williams back is a big benefit for both him and his fellow running backs. 

“Cadillac pushes me," Bigsby said. "He tells me how many great running backs came through here, and of course, I want to be the next. People say the room has less depth, but we’ve got a lot of hardworking guys in there.”

As a freshman last year, Bigsby missed out on having spring practices. Now not only do the Tigers have spring practice, but they will also get a chance to know the new staff better. 

“I feel like this is a good start for us, especially with the new coaches here," Bigsby said. "We all get to learn the plays and stuff like that, everything new. It’s a new beginning, so I feel like it’s a good new start, having a spring this year.”

One example of the fresh start under Harsin and his staff will be an open practice at Jordan-Hare on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. CST. Bigsby is excited to have fans back at Jordan-Hare to watch the team practice. 

“Playing music at practice with the fans there, getting to see us practice, getting to see the new atmosphere with the new offense, new defense, there’s new things here at Auburn," Bigsby said. It’s going to be great. I’m looking forward to it. I’m ready to see if they enjoy themselves. I know we’re going to enjoy ourselves and have the time of our lives because you know we haven’t gotten to see that many people in a long time, so I feel like it’s going to be great for us.” 

Callie Stanford | Sports Writer

Callie Stanford is from Springville, Alabama and is currently a sophomore at Auburn. She has been with The Plainsman since January 2021.

Twitter: @Stanford1Callie

Share and discuss “Bigsby looking forward to spring practice possibilities” on social media.