Former LSU QB TJ Finley commits to Auburn

TJ Finley during the first half of a game between LSU and South Carolina at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020.(Photo by: Chris Parent / LSU Athletics)

Another SEC West quarterback is headed to the Plains.  

Former LSU quarterback TJ Finley committed to Auburn on Monday via an announcement on Twitter. 

As a true freshman in 2020, Finley started in five games for LSU after starting quarterback Myles Brennan was injured. In five starts, Finley was 2-3 as a starter with wins over Arkansas and South Carolina but losses to Texas A&M, Auburn and Alabama.

In his five starts, the Ponchatoula, Louisiana, native completed 80 of his 140 pass attempts and finished with 941 passing yards, five touchdowns and five interceptions. He also had 29 rushing attempts for a total of 34 yards and one rushing touchdown. 

The 6-foot-7 quarterback was a 3-star coming out of high school and was rated as the No. 19 pro-style quarterback in the 2020 class and the No. 21 player in Louisiana, according to 247Sports composite rankings. 

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.com 

Share and discuss “Former LSU QB TJ Finley commits to Auburn” on social media.