Report: Hardy and Garnett entering transfer portal

Chayil Garnett (15) looks to pass the ball during the 2021 Auburn Football A-Day scrimmage, on Saturday, April 17, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.

A pair of players from Auburn football's 2020 recruiting class have entered the transfer portal.

Backup quarterback Chayil Garnett and defensive lineman Jay Hardy entered the transfer portal on Monday, according to AL.com's Matt Zenitz. 

Garnett was a 3-star and was rated as the No. 23 dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2020, according to 247Sports composite rankings. As a freshman last season, Garnett did not play in any of Auburn's games.

Hardy was a 4-star coming out of high school and was rated as the No. 13  defensive tackle in the class of 2020, according to 247Sports composite rankings. He appeared in just one game as a freshman as he played in Auburn's bowl game against Northwestern.

This news comes a few days after EDGE Jaren Handy announced that he was entering the transfer portal.

Jake Weese | Sports Editor

Jake Weese, senior in journalism with a minor in history, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

@TheJakeWeese

Sports@theplainsman.comĀ 

Share and discuss “Report: Hardy and Garnett entering transfer portal” on social media.