Auburn nets fourth straight win to remain unbeaten

<p>Rebekah Rath during a match against Southeastern Louisiana on Sept. 3, 2021, at Auburn Arena in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Rebekah Rath during a match against Southeastern Louisiana on Sept. 3, 2021, at Auburn Arena in Auburn, Ala. 

Auburn Volleyball won its match against Southeastern Louisiana on Friday, sweeping all three sets to improve to 4-0 on the season.  

The Tigers took the first two sets decisively with a set one score of 25-14 and a set two score of 25-10. After the Lions put up a fight in the third set, the Tigers went on to take the third set by a score of 25-20.  

The Tigers dominated most noticeably at the net during the match. They combined a team total of 39 kills, with junior Rebekah Rath and graduate student Liz Reich collecting 16 and 13 kills, respectively. The team also had a team total of 10.5 team blocks, with senior Tatum Shipes leading the match with eight.

Auburn also did not disappoint defensively, with a team total of 52 digs. Senior libero Bella Rosenthall continued to demonstrate her leadership with a team high of 16 digs. Continuing to impress, freshmen defensive specialists Fallan Lanham and Kate Curtis had 10 and seven digs, respectively, to follow behind Rosenthall. 

Sophomore setter Jackie Barrett also continued to contribute her skills as well, totaling a team high 28 assists while racking up six digs.  

A game filled with only nine attack errors and six service aces favored Auburn the entire night and the Tigers will now look ahead to their next match. Auburn will host the University of New Orleans Privateers next Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 6 p.m. CST in Auburn Arena.  

Emily Porch | Sports Writer

Emily Porch is a senior from Sylacauga, Alabama. She joined The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @emilycporch

Share and discuss “Auburn nets fourth straight win to remain unbeaten” on social media.