Auburn up to No. 22 in latest poll

<p>Cornerbacks coach Zac Etheridge talks to his players during a game against Alabama State on Sept. 11, 2021, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama.</p>

Cornerbacks coach Zac Etheridge talks to his players during a game against Alabama State on Sept. 11, 2021, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama.

Behind two of the most dominating wins in Auburn football history, the Tigers have moved up to No. 22 in the latest AP Top-25 college football poll.

Auburn leads all FBS programs in scoring offense, offensive yards per play, scoring defense and defensive yards per play allowed. Through two games, the undefeated Tigers have allowed 10 combined points while scoring 122 combined points on Akron and Alabama State. 

The two-headed running back machine of sophomore Tank Bigsby and freshman Jarquez Hunter have been running the offensive show so far for the Tigers. Hunter is currently 12th in the nation in total rushing yards and Bigsby is 20th. 

Auburn’s next matchup is a road contest against No. 10 Penn State on Saturday at 6:30 CST. ESPN’s College GameDay will be at the game. 

Henry Zimmer | Sports Reporter

Henry Zimmer is from Jacksonville, Florida, and is currently in his fifth year with The Plainsman. He is currently the Sports Reporter and can be followed on Twitter here: @henryzimmer

Share and discuss “Auburn up to No. 22 in latest poll” on social media.