Rebekah Rath named SEC Offensive Player of the Week

<p>Rebekah Rath during a match against Southeastern Louisiana on Sept. 3, 2021, at Auburn Arena in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Rebekah Rath during a match against Southeastern Louisiana on Sept. 3, 2021, at Auburn Arena in Auburn, Ala. 

After a week of stunning displays on the court, Rebekah Rath was named the Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week. She is the first Auburn player to receive this honor since Brenna McIlroy did back in Oct. 2017. 

The junior who transferred in from Maryland this season has undoubtedly played a crucial role in Auburn’s hot start to the season. The Tigers are 4-0 and have swept every opponent thus far marking the best start to the season since 2015 and the first straight sweep since 2009. 

Across two games last week against Cal State Fullerton and Southeastern Louisiana, Rath totaled 32 kills and two service aces. On top of her stats from the other two games played this season, Rath sits on top of the SEC standings in kills per set and points per set with 5.33 and 6.08 respectfully. 

On the defensive side, she finished with 17 digs and four blocks across two games. Of those digs, 10 were against Cal State where she recorded a double-double. 

Rath and the Tigers look to add to their streak on Thursday night against North Alabama. The game will begin at 6 p.m. CT in Auburn Arena.

Jacob Waters | Sports Reporter

Jacob is a sophomore from Leeds, Alabama. This is his second year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Rebekah Rath named SEC Offensive Player of the Week” on social media.