Auburn flips 4-star linebacker from Alabama

<p>Bryan Harsin coaches from the sideline in a game against Akron on Sept. 4, 2021, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama.</p>

Bryan Harsin coaches from the sideline in a game against Akron on Sept. 4, 2021, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama.

Bryan Harsin made a big recruiting splash on Wednesday, as 4-star inside linebacker Robert Woodyard flipped from Alabama to Auburn. 

Woodyard committed to the Crimson Tide last June before tearing his meniscus in October and missing the remainder of his senior season. 

Woodyard is the second linebacker recruit in Auburn’s 2022 class. He joins Auburn native Powell Gordon in the Tiger linebacker core.

Woodyard comes out of Williamson High School in Mobile, Alabama. He was a multi-sport athlete in football and basketball, but he will be zeroing in on football at Auburn.

He recorded 124 tackles during the 2020 season. Woodyard added two interceptions and took one of them to the house. Woodyard was selected as a ASWA First Team Class 4A LB in 2020 after his impressive junior campaign.

Woodyard stands at 6-foot-1 and weighs 210 pounds. He will look to step in and be a difference maker on the Tiger’s linebacker core, which is losing seniors Zakoby McClain and Chandler Wooten, along with the possibility of losing junior Owen Pappoe to the NFL Draft.

Share and discuss “Auburn flips 4-star linebacker from Alabama ” on social media.