Auburn hires Austin Davis as new offensive coordinator

<p>Austin Davis will be not Auburn's new offensive coordinator next season. (Photo via Seattle Seahawks)</p>

Austin Davis will be not Auburn's new offensive coordinator next season. (Photo via Seattle Seahawks)

Auburn has found its new offensive coordinator, the school announced Saturday.

Austin Davis, the quarterbacks coach for the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks, has been hired by Auburn to be the school’s next OC.

“From the first conversation I had with Austin, you could just feel his passion for coaching and teaching the game,” said head coach Bryan Harsin. “He’s spent the past 10 years as a player or coach in the NFL, bringing that experience from the highest level into our offensive and quarterback rooms.

"He’s learned and been around some of the best in the business and has been on an upward trajectory since joining the coaching ranks. We can’t wait to get him teamed up with the rest of our staff.”

This hire comes after Auburn fired Mike Bobo as offensive coordinator at the conclusion of the 2020-2021 regular season.

Davis has been the quarterbacks coach with the Seahawks for the past two seasons, after being promoted from an offensive assistant in 2019.

It is believed that head coach Bryan Harsin will call the plays, while Davis will coordinate the overall offense and help with quarterbacks.

Davis is a former NFL quarterback, playing for Seattle, Denver, Cleveland and St. Louis. In his career, he tossed for over 2,500 yards and 13 touchdowns.

“Austin is going to show that he is one of the bright young minds in the game," said Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll. "He’s been able to transition from player to coach unlike anybody I’ve ever seen."

Henry Zimmer | Assistant Sports Editor

Henry Zimmer is from Jacksonville, Florida, and is currently in his fifth year with The Plainsman. He is currently the Assistant Sports Editor and can be followed on Twitter here: @henryzimmer

Share and discuss “Auburn hires Austin Davis as new offensive coordinator” on social media.