Shenker, Pappoe, Hall named Auburn Football captains for 2022 season

Owen Pappoe (0) waits to run a drill during Auburn Footballs Open Spring Practice, on Sunday, March 21,  2021, in Auburn, Ala.
Owen Pappoe (0) waits to run a drill during Auburn Footballs Open Spring Practice, on Sunday, March 21, 2021, in Auburn, Ala.

After much speculation, the captains for the 2022 Auburn football season have been revealed. Thursday afternoon, seniors John Samuel Shenker, Owen Pappoe and Derick Hall were named as the three Tigers who will don the “C” this fall on the gridiron.

Shenker returns as a third-year starter who set Auburn records for receptions (33) and receiving yards (413) by a tight end in 2021. The Albany, Ga. native served as a game captain against Penn State and Houston last season and made the SEC Academic Honor Roll.

Owen Pappoe enters 2022 as a three year starter with 165 career tackles. After being recruited as the nation’s top ranked outside linebacker prospect and starting as a true freshman in 2019, Pappoe will serve as a team captain for the second time.

Derick Hall served as a game captain during the 2021 season (Georgia, Houston) and returns for his senior year coming off of a season that garnered him All-SEC Second Team honors among SEC coaches. The defensive lineman posted nine sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss during the previous campaign and enters the year as Auburn’s leading pass rusher.

Hall and Shenker were representatives for Auburn at the 2022 SEC Media Days in Atlanta in late July. 

More details about the captaincy selections will follow after Tuesday evening's press conference with Bryan Harsin. Harsin will speak to the media at 6:30 CT.

Share and discuss “Shenker, Pappoe, Hall named Auburn Football captains for 2022 season” on social media.