Auburn athletics review: Oct. 31-Nov. 6

Team celebrates point against TAMU at Neville Arena on 11/6/2022

Auburn was busy both on the road and at home this week, as various teams were in the process of both beginning and ending their seasons. Here's where the Tigers were in action this week and how they fared:

Monday, Oct. 31

No games. 

Tuesday, Nov. 1

No games. 

Wednesday, Nov. 2

Men's basketball vs. UAH

Head coach Bruce Pearl and the men's basketball team opened their season with a 18 point win over the visiting UAH Chargers. Jaylin Williams led the Tigers in scoring with 16 points, followed by Wendell Green Jr. with 12 points.

Thursday, Nov. 3

Women's basketball vs. Tuskegee

Head coach Johnnie Harris and the women's basketball team opened their season with a 22 point win over nearby Tuskegee. Honesty Scott-Grayson led the Tigers in scoring with 17 points, followed by Aicha Coulibaly with 16 points.

Friday, Nov. 4

Equestrian at South Carolina

No. 4 Auburn traveled to compete against No. 7 South Carolina, defeating the Gamecocks 13-6. Seniors Olivia Tordoff and Ava Stearns, who left with MOP honors in horsemanship and fences, helped lead the Tigers to victory. 

Men's tennis at the Florida Fall Invite

The Tigers traveled to Gainesville, Fla. to finish out their season. Josh Raab and Spencer Gray fought hard on day one of the tournament, but lost in doubles against Florida’s Nate Bonetto and Axel Nefve.

Women's tennis at the Thunderbird Invite

Led by head coach Caroline Lily, the Tigers traveled to Phoenix, Ariz. to wrap up their fall schedule. On day one, Adeline Flach and Kaitlyn Carnicella defeated Arizona State 6-2 in doubles. The Tigers struggled in singles competitions, losing in all three matches. 

Saturday, Nov. 5

Men's tennis at the Florida Fall Invite

On day two in Gainesville, Fla. the Tigers were defeated. Competing in the singles Josh Raad fell to Florida’s Jonah Braswell and Raul Dobai to Tanapatt Nirundorn. 

The Tiger’s came back strong from their struggles during day one. Anastasia Astakhova defeated California’s Erin Richardson 7-5, 6-2. Adeline Flach took the victory over California’s Makenna Thiel 6-4, 4-6,6-4. Kaitlyn Carnicella, added to day two’s excitement, with a win over California’s Valentina Ivanov 5-7, 6-4, 6-3. In doubles Flach and Carnicella defeated California  6-0.  

Football at Mississippi State

In its first game following the firing of Bryan Harsin, Auburn football lost 39-33 to Mississippi State under interim head coach Carnell "Cadillac" Williams. Despite the loss, the Tigers found some success after making adjustments during halftime.

Volleyball vs. Texas A&M

Head coach Brent Crouch led the Tigers to another victory at home, opening the weekend with a 3-1 win. Auburn defeated Texas A&M in four sets. Akasha Anderson led the team with 13 kills. Auburn setter Jackie Barrett completed 44 assists and ten digs. 

Sunday, Nov. 6

Men's tennis at the Florida Fall Invite

The Tigers finished out their fall season. In singles competition, Spencer Gray defeated Miami’s Martin Vergara Del Puerto. Raul Dobai did the same over Duke’s Andrew Dale, and Josh Raab fell to Miami’s Antonio Prat. The Tigers fought hard in doubles but Auburn’s Spencer Gray and Josh Raab, as well as Jan Galka and Raul Dobai, fell short. The Tigers will take to the courts again in their spring season. 

Adeline Flach and Kaitlyn Carnicella defeated Michigan’s doubles 6-4. This duo went three-for-three this weekend. In singles play Auburn struggled, losing its three matches. The Tigers will travel to Jacksonville, Fla. this Friday to compete in the UNF Invite. 

Volleyball vs Texas A&M

The Tigers took on Texas A&M for the second time this weekend and defeated them in four hard-fought sets. Akasha Anderson led the team with 21 kills, two aces, and three blocks. On Friday Auburn will take on Ole Miss in Oxford, Miss. 

Share and discuss “Auburn athletics review: Oct. 31-Nov. 6” on social media.