Plainsman Picks: Western Kentucky

<p>QB Robby Ashford (#9) celebrates in the student section with Aubie in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&amp;M on November 12, 2022.&nbsp;</p>

QB Robby Ashford (#9) celebrates in the student section with Aubie in Jordan-Hare Stadium against Texas A&M on November 12, 2022. 

Auburn has one final game at home against Western Kentucky as it looks for a second win following what was a five-game losing skid. The Tigers will recognize the team's seniors before the mid-afternoon game with just the Hilltoppers and the Iron Bowl left for the 2022 season. 

Here's how our staff picked the game:

Callie Stanford, Sports Editor: Auburn 31-24

@Stanford1Callie

"Auburn can pull this one out. WKU is certainly underrated and they deserve some more credit, but I don't see the Tigers giving up their last home game as they also recognize a really meaningful senior class. The Tigers may struggle at times because so many players have been injured lately, but the run game will keep them afloat for a somewhat smooth win."

Noah Griffith, Assistant Sports Editor: Auburn 34-21

@NoahGG01

"I think people will be surprised to see the firepower that WKU has, but I think if Auburn surpasses 30 points, there is no chance that the Hilltoppers top that. I think this is a talented WKU defense, but not quite strong enough to stop Auburn's run game for four quarters. I expect a tight game at halftime but I think Auburn will pull away in the final 20 minutes or so. Oh yeah, and I think Trey Lindsey will get his first completion of his career and then take a knee to close out Caddy's second win."

Jacob Waters, Sports Reporter: Auburn 31-27

@JacobWaters_

"Auburn cannot afford to overlook Western Kentucky in this game. The Tigers' defense was stout last week against Texas A&M, but they have a much more dangerous offense to face this week. The Hilltoppers are inside the top 15 nationally in yards per game and points per game. I think this will serve as a hangover game for Auburn after the big win last week, and Auburn will start out slow and may even trail at halftime. But Auburn's talent and ability to run the ball against an average rush defense (No. 63 in the country) will prevail, and the Tigers squeak out a close win against a quality team before the Iron Bowl."

Patrick Bingham, Sports Writer: Auburn 31-17

@patrickabingham

“After an emotional win last weekend, Auburn will have its sights set on a face-paced Western Kentucky offense this Saturday afternoon in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Despite all the talk around quarterback Austin Reed and company, the Hilltopper defense could pose some problems for the Tigers. Western Kentucky leads the country with 30 forced turnovers with the Auburn offense, on the other hand, having 20 turnovers of their own. If this “Cadillac Offense”, that has averaged 241 rushing yards in the past four games, can keep up the ground game and avoid the back-breaking turnover, then the Tigers should walk into Bryant-Denny Stadium next week on a two game winning streak.”

Jac Myrick, Sports Writer: Auburn 24-14

@jac_myrick

"The atmosphere at Jordan-Hare last Saturday night was quite amazing. Auburn had its first win since September. That game also being Coach Cadillac's first victory as interim head coach. Coach Cadillac not only rallied the team but rallied the Auburn Family that game-day. I believe that the momentum is going to continue to roll into this game against Western Kentucky. Though WKU is no cake walk for the Tigers, I think the Auburn will overpower the Hilltoppers with the Tiger's ground game and control the clock throughout this game. We will see if this rings true come kickoff."

Share and discuss “Plainsman Picks: Western Kentucky” on social media.