Women's Hope Medical Clinic provides guidance for Auburn women

<p>The Women's Hope Medical Clinic serves pregnant women in Auburn with free services.</p>

The Women's Hope Medical Clinic serves pregnant women in Auburn with free services.

Women’s Hope Medical Clinic is a home for women in need of guidance through the process of pregnancy. The clinic provides free services such as consultations, pregnancy tests, ultrasound confirmation, support for men, and information on parenting and adoption.

Women's Hope Medical Clinic's official website stated, “Since 1983, Women’s Hope Medical Clinic has been able to provide free, compassionate services to women and families in our community." 

As executive director of Women's Hope Medical Clinic in Auburn, Daria Monroe shared the clinic's mission with passion and excitement.

“I enjoy seeing people develop friendships and go on to fulfill their goals and dreams. We see people in very difficult situations receive help and hope to move forward understanding they are not alone,” Monroe said on her favorite part of being involved in the clinic.

Hope Adoptions is a full-service adoption agency that is licensed to assist domestic adoptions. Another distinctive aspect of the clinic is the Baby Boutique, a place where patients can find free clothes and any other material goods that new parents might need. 

“Women's Hope Medical Clinic and Hope Adoptions exists to serve individuals and couples in unplanned pregnancies, by providing confidential, compassionate support, resources, and care without cost or insurance,” said Monroe.

For any Auburn University students interested in providing help for the clinic, Monroe said the clinic also looks forward to welcoming volunteers and interns to join them in providing excellent care for the community. 

Monroe's word of advice for anyone in need of support or simply someone to lean on was to know that they are never alone and that there are people and resources to help them reach their goals.

Women’s Hope Medical Clinic is filled with professional staff and doctors ready to help anyone struggling with an unexpected pregnancy.

Elizabeth Howald is the client services director for Women’s Hope and an adoptive family social worker for the Hope Adoptions agency. 

Howald manages the clients for Women’s Hope and helps families through the adoptive process for Hope Adoptions.

Howald started as an intern in 2018 and was hired when she graduated from Auburn the same year.  

"I knew that I wanted to work with families, as well as work in the adoption field," said Howald.

Howald oversees the volunteers that work as client advocates for the clinic, and she provides training and education to families throughout their adoption process. Through these specialties, Howard said that she undergoes both challenging and encouraging days, but consistently loves working with families and helping individuals in need.

“My favorite part about working at the clinic is being able to encourage women, especially when they feel hopeless or lost. I want these women to know they are supported and seen,” Howald said.

Howald advises all people to be confident in who they are and not to give in to the negative pressures of society.

Maggie Randall | Culture Writer

Culture Writer

Share and discuss “Women's Hope Medical Clinic provides guidance for Auburn women” on social media.