Derick Hall selected to Seattle Seahawks in second round of NFL Draft

<p>Auburn senior Derick Hall (29) celebrates with his signature bow-and-arrow with teammate Jaylin Simpson after defeating the Missouri Tigers in overtime in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sep. 24, 2022.</p>

Auburn senior Derick Hall (29) celebrates with his signature bow-and-arrow with teammate Jaylin Simpson after defeating the Missouri Tigers in overtime in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sep. 24, 2022.

With the 37th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, Auburn edge defender Derick Hall was drafted by Seattle Seahawks in the second round. 

The arrow man who led Auburn through the ups and downs of the past football season became the first Tiger selected in the draft. 

During his time at Auburn, Hall built an impressive resume. He recorded 60 total tackles, 41 solo tackles and 19 assistant tackles. Outside of tackles, he had 6.5 sacks, forced two fumbles and had one interception in 2022.

In total, Hall finished his Auburn career with 19 sacks and five forced fumbles. Hall was also named a first-team All-SEC member his senior year on the Plains and a second-team All-SEC member his junior season.

Hall will be taking the Auburn navy with him when he continues to wear it in Seattle but will be switching the orange out for electric green. 

The Seahawks are led by head coach Pete Carroll, and Hall will have a chance to make an instant impact — joining a defense that ranked just 26th in the NFL in yards per carry allowed (4.9).

The 6-foot-3, 254 pound former Auburn captain is listed as an outside linebacker on the Seahawks official roster.

Seattle is home of the 12th man and Hall is not shy to an electric home field advantage. 

Investment is something Hall prided himself on while at Auburn. When you attend Auburn, coaches and administrators say the phrase “If you love Auburn, Auburn will love you back.” This was a phrase Hall took to heart and made it known to all those around the nation.  

"I'll forever be indebted to this place," Hall said. “This place has been great for me and my family. We're looking forward to coming back every opportunity we get."

Rounds two and three continue Friday night and the draft will conclude with rounds four through seven on Saturday beginning at 11 a.m. CST.

Lily Stewart | Operations Editor

Lily has been with The Plainsman for three years and started out as a Sports Writer before becoming the Operations Editor. She graduates in May of 2024 and is from Washington, D.C. 

Share and discuss “Derick Hall selected to Seattle Seahawks in second round of NFL Draft” on social media.