Plainsman Choice 2023 Best Late Night Food: Whataburger

The votes are in: Whataburger has won Best Late Night Food for Plainsman's Choice this year. The menu, location and hours are just a few of the things Auburn loves about Whataburger.

Whataburger is a burger chain, founded in Corpus Christ Texas in 1950. The restaurant made it over to Auburn in January 2022. 

One of the most popular items seems to be the honey butter chicken biscuit. Breakfast is available from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m. making it easy to stop by and grab a biscuit after a night out or before an early morning study session. 

“The honey butter biscuit is the best thing on the menu,” said Mallory Nabors, freshman in agricultural business. 

They also have a variety of burgers and patty melts, especially since they are known as a burger restaurant. 

Another reason students love Whataburger is because of their hours. They are open 24 hours a day, which is something college students love since their schedules keep them always on the go. 

“It’s perfect for when I’m up late studying or just can’t sleep and need something to eat,” said Nabors. 

Whataburger’s family-friendly atmosphere and second-floor seating option make it perfect for everyone, not just college students. With more than 840 total restaurants, they strive for their “goodness and continue to bring road-trippers and hometown folks together under our orange-and-white roofs for fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly service,” according to whataburger.com

Whatburger’s location is also a reason it is an Auburn favorite. Located at the corners of North College St. and West Magnolia Ave, it is easily accessible from any of the businesses or bars downtown and is only a few steps away from the campus itself. 

From the wide menu variety to being open 24 hours a day, there is a reason Whataburger was voted the best late-night food, and it is not just because of their delicious burgers.

Share and discuss “Plainsman Choice 2023 Best Late Night Food: Whataburger” on social media.