The Harvest Party: Acre's 10-year anniversary celebration

Acre in Auburn, AL celebrates 10 years of service on August 31, 2023.

On Thursday, Aug. 31, 2023, Acre is celebrating its 10-year anniversary since opening its doors to the Auburn community. The Harvest Party celebration is being held at Acre, located at 210 E. Glenn Ave., from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., and all are welcome. Tickets can be purchased on Acre’s website for $65 per person, plus tax and gratuity. 

Since Acre’s opening in 2013, owners David and Christin Bancroft have opened their hearts to the Auburn family and feel they have achieved their goal of building trust and relationships with their customers. 

The Harvest Party will feature live music from artist Tony Brook, tasting tables, food stations, passed hors d’oeuvres, wine and beer tastings, a cash bar and a surprise dish from executive chef and owner David Bancroft.

Director of marketing and owner Christin Bancroft shared that her favorite part of The Harvest Party will be visiting friends and family in the community.

“They take such good care of our team. I truly could not imagine Acre being anywhere else but Auburn, Alabama,” Christin said.

Executive chef and owner David Bancroft, General Manager J.D. Hammond and director of catering and special events Jennifer Nagel, are in charge of The Harvest Party. Alongside David, there are two sous chefs, Alex Strickland and Andrew Davis.

Sponsors of this event include International Wine and Beer, Maysara Winery, Back Forty Beer Company and United Johnson Company. 

According to Christin, Acre is known by the community for its fried green tomatoes, chicken fried bacon and peanut butter pie as well as its on-site gardens, especially its sunflower garden in the summer.

Over these 10 years, David has been open to ample opportunities to travel and showcase not just his capabilities as a chef, but Auburn as a whole at culinary events nationwide.

When explaining their story of opening Acre, Christin said, “We had no idea what to expect, but God has really and truly blessed our business.”

Another one of Christin’s favorite things about owning and working at Acre is the staff’s consistent effort and love for what they do.

“Many of our employees are college students and it is fun to watch them ‘grow up’ with us,” Christin said. “Many have graduated, moved on and started families and careers of their own. We love when they come back to visit!”

Acre strives to modernize the tastes of traditional southern cuisine, holding well to the deep-rooted traditions of Auburn. In fact, Acre houses a genetic clone of a Toomer’s Oak Tree. 

Since being established, Acre has aspired to welcome its community with open arms. Therefore, for the Acre family, this celebration means 10 years of making its mark as an Auburn tradition.

According to its website, Acre hopes to be “Good traditions for good people, a neighborhood place perfect for conducting business, relaxing with friends or making memories with family.”

“We would not be here without the support of the people that live here and trust us with their special occasions and memories,” Christin said. “For David and me, it means everything."

The Harvest Party is not just about celebrating Acre’s success as a locally owned business. It is especially important to David and Christin because it radiates the family they have found in Auburn’s community.

Maggie Randall | Culture Writer

Culture Writer

Share and discuss “The Harvest Party: Acre's 10-year anniversary celebration” on social media.