Auburn looks to start new win streak against Clemson and UAB

<p>Sydeny Shaw (#5) shoots for 3 against Alabama A&amp;M at Neville Arena on November 26th 2023</p>

Sydeny Shaw (#5) shoots for 3 against Alabama A&M at Neville Arena on November 26th 2023

After Auburn ended its two-game skid on Sunday against Alabama A&M, the Tigers will look ahead to the ACC/SEC challenge against Clemson and in-state opponent UAB this week.

Auburn will seek revenge on their fellow Tigers after suffering a 56-55 loss in the second round of the WNIT against Clemson. Like Auburn, Clemson ended a two-game losing streak this past Sunday against Arkansas-Pine Bluff 92-66. 

Clemson comes into this game 5-3 with two of its three losses handed to the Tigers by SEC teams, losing to South Carolina 109-40 and Mississippi State 81-79.  

UAB has had a hot start to the season, opening the year 5-1, and currently holds a three-game streak. The Blazers will face Mississippi Valley State on Wednesday before their contest against Auburn. 

The Blazers have a chance to make history after snapping their 17-game losing streak to the Tigers in 2019. UAB will look to defeat Auburn in back-to-back games for the first time in the history of the two teams meeting. 

Players to Watch

Auburn: Taylen Collins 

The senior transfer from Oklahoma State tallied her first double-double as an Auburn Tiger when she recorded 10 points and 10 rebounds against Alabama A&M. The team-leading rebounder has shown scoring ability as well, averaging eight points per game and a team-high 7.5 rebounds per game.

Collins' impressive 3.16 offensive rebounds per game will command rebounding attention from opponents, giving her teammates more opportunities to score. 

Clemson: Amari Robinson 

Currently, in her fifth season at Clemson, Robinson is scoring a career-high and team-high 17.4 points; she is sixth in the ACC in points per game. Coming off a 15-point and eight-rebound performance against Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Robinson has shown her ability on the boards, leading the team with 6.1 rebounds per game. 

Auburn was able to limit her scoring ability in the postseason matchup last season, holding Robinson to nine points and only five shot attempts in 30 minutes of playing time. 

In what could be her final season at Clemson, Robinson has taken her game to the next level, causing problems for opposing teams. 

UAB: Mia Moore

The graduate transfer from Mississippi State has had no trouble settling in at UAB and has been on a tear to start the season. Her 20.8 points per game, 55.4% field goal percentage and 46.7% three-point percentage all lead the team. 

She has also proven herself on the other side of the ball, leading the team with 9.2 rebounds and 2.5 steals per game. 

Against the Tigers last season as a member of Mississippi State, Moore did not see any real playing time, recording one minute of action, and her only counting stat was a singular turnover. 

Coming off an impressive 27-point, 14 rebound and four assist game against Jacksonville State, she will demand attention on both sides of the ball. 

Auburn will look to extend its win streak against Clemson on Wednesday, Nov. 30, at 8 p.m. CST on SEC Network. The Tigers will then hit the road and travel to Birmingham, Alabama, to face the Blazers on Sunday, Dec. 3, at 2:30 p.m. CST on ESPN+.  

Craig Noyes | Sports Writer

Craig Noyes is a junior from Kensington, Maryland, majoring in journalism. He joined The Plainsman in January 2023.

Twitter: @craignoyes58

Share and discuss “Auburn looks to start new win streak against Clemson and UAB” on social media.