Live tracker: Keeping track of Auburn’s Early Signing Day

<p>Hugh Freeze in the Auburn walkout against UMass at Jordan Hare Stadium on September 2nd 2023</p>

Hugh Freeze in the Auburn walkout against UMass at Jordan Hare Stadium on September 2nd 2023

Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze and his staff will take on their second Early Signing Day starting Wednesday as the Tigers hope to maintain their current commitments and potentially add a few more to their 2024 class. Follow along for live updates throughout the day as Auburn receives National Letters of Intent from players in the class of 2024 on Early Signing Day:

Towns McGough (K, 6-0, 185; Auburn, Alabama, Auburn High School)

McGough comes to Auburn University from Auburn High School, where he made 19 of 22 field goals his senior year, with a long of 60 yards. The Kohl’s Kicking Camp rates McGough as the No. 3 kicker in the nation and he was named a first-team All-American by MaxPreps. McGough chose to stay in Auburn rather than attend Ole Miss.

Favour Edwin (OT, 6-6, 300; McDonough, Georgia, Eagles Landing Christian Academy)

Auburn added a body to its offensive line class with the addition of Edwin. The Tigers beat out Florida and Alabama for his signature. From Georgia, Edwin is rated as the No. 56 offensive tackle in the 2024 class and No. 71 player in his state per 247Sports and could serve as a key addition to Auburn’s future offensive line.

Keaton McNutt (LS, 5-11, 210; Sharpsburg, Georgia, East Coweta High School)

McNutt comes to the Tigers from Sharpsburg, Georgia. At the Kohl’s Southern Showcase, McNutt had an average snap time of .68 seconds, rating as the No. 4 long snapper according to the Kohl’s Camp.

Dylan Gentry (WR, 5-9, 155; Phenix City, Alabama, Central High School)

Gentry joins fellow Central High receiver Cam Coleman at Auburn, with the two signing to Auburn together on Wednesday. 247Sports rated Gentry as a 3-star recruit and the No. 106 player in the state of Alabama.

JR Buckner (LS, 6-0, 245; Auburn, Alabama, Auburn High School)

A local player, Buckner comes to the Tigers as a long snapper from the Auburn High School field goal unit that had success in 2023. The Kohl’s Kicking Camp has him rated as the No. 25 long snapper.

Seth Wilfred (OT, 6-6, 295; Mitchell, Nebraska, Snow College)

One of Auburn’s offensive line commits, Wilfred recently committed to Auburn on Dec. 11. Wilfred also had offers from Iowa State, Houston, Arizona State and others. Wilfred is ranked as the No. 47 player and No. 4 offensive tackle in the JUCO rankings according to 247Sports.

TJ Lindsey (DL, 6-3, 265; Little Rock, Arkansas, IMG Academy)

Lindsey committed to Auburn in August and projects to play defensive end for Auburn. Lindsey had a stacked offer list with other offers from Miami, Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama and others. Lindsey, a 3-star according to 247Sports, is the No. 67 defensive lineman and No. 73 player in Florida.

Kensley Faustin (S, 5-11, 170; Naples, Florida, Naples High School)

Faustin committed to the Tigers on June 13 and signed his letter of intent on Dec. 14. The 247Sports Composite has Faustin as a 4-star recruit, rated as the No. 46 safety in the class of 2024. The longtime member of Auburn’s recruiting class is rated as the No. 58 player in the state of Florida.

A’Mon Lane-Ganus (CB, 5-10, 180; Moody, Alabama, Moody High School)

The first Auburn commitment of the 2024 class, Lane-Ganus committed to Auburn in July 2022. Lane-Ganus, an Alabama native, also held offers from Arkansas, Florida State, LSU and others and has steadily climbed up the 2024 player rankings. Lane-Ganus is rated as the No. 383 player nationally and No. 22 player in Alabama.

Demarcus Riddick (LB, 6-2, 212; Clanton, Alabama, Chilton County High School)

As one of the first big prospects to flip from an SEC school to Auburn, Riddick gave his commitment to Auburn in July – flipping from rival Georgia. Rated as the No. 55 player and No. 5 linebacker, Riddick stands as one of the highest-rated recruits in Auburn’s 2024 class. With Riddick’s signature, he is one of three Auburn commits rated in the top six of the Alabama player rankings in the 2024 class according to 247Sports.

Dorian Mausi (LB, 6-2, 233; Detroit, Michigan, Duke University)

Freeze announced a surprise commitment in his press conference Wednesday afternoon – revealing that Auburn had landed Mausi, who is a transfer linebacker from Duke. Mausi spent four seasons at Duke and was a tackling machine for the Blue Devils – totaling 61 tackles for Duke in 2023 and also recording an interception. Mausi became the third Auburn addition through the transfer portal.

Amaris Williams (DL, 6-3, 270; Clinton, North Carolina, Clinton High School)

Auburn earned itself a huge recruiting win on Wednesday when the Tigers flipped 4-star defensive lineman Amaris Williams from Florida. Williams committed to the Gators in June, but the Tigers convinced the North Carolina native to flip while also holding off Ohio State and Georgia. Williams is one of the highest-ranked 4-stars in the country, sitting at No. 34 overall in the country and No. 8 among defensive lineman according to 247Sports.

D’Angelo Barber (LB, 6-0, 221; Pinson, Alabama, Clay-Chalkville High School) 

With a commitment to Auburn on Independence Day, Barber was an early member of Auburn’s 2024 class and elected to stay in the state with his commitment to the Tigers. Barber was a member of the Clay-Chalkville football team that won Alabama’s 6A state championship. He is rated as the No. 48 linebacker in the country and sits at No. 30 overall in the state of Alabama according to 247Sports.

Jamonta Waller (EDGE, 6-2, 225; Picayune, Mississippi, Picayune Memorial High School)

Waller flipped his commitment to the Tigers from Florida on Nov. 11. The state of Mississippi’s No. 2 player, Waller is rated as the No. 6 EDGE in the nation by the 247Sports Composite. Waller is a 4-star recruit and is the 82nd-rated player nationally in the 2024 class. He was recruited by defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett and defensive coordinator Ron Roberts.

Kaleb Harris (S, 6-2, 195; Alabaster, Alabama, Thompson High School)

Harris is one of Auburn’s many safety commitments and gave his pledge to the Tigers in October. According to 247Sports, he took a visit to Vanderbilt in early December, but the Tigers held onto his commitment by earning his signature. Harris is a 3-star prospect and is one of many Auburn commitments to stay in their home state of Alabama as he is rated No. 24 in the state.

Malcolm Simmons (WR, 6-0, 175; Alexander City, Alabama, Benjamin Russell High School)

Simmons is one of four high school wide receivers committed to Auburn. When Simmons first committed to Auburn he was barely rated on most recruiting websites but has now risen into the top 200 and sits at No. 157 nationally on 247Sports. He is also ranked as the No. 13 player in Alabama. Simmons committed to the Tigers in July and recently represented Auburn and Benjamin Russell High School at the Alabama vs. Mississippi All-Star Game.

Bryce Cain (WR, 5-11, 170; Mobile, Alabama, Baker High School)

One of the longstanding commitments of Auburn’s 2024 class, having been committed since June 13, Cain signed his letter of intent to the Tigers on Dec. 11. According to the 247Sports Composite rankings, Cain is a 4-star recruit and is the No. 240 player nationally in the 2024 class. In his senior season at Baker High, Cain caught 43 passes for 948 yards and 16 touchdowns. One member of what is expected to be a loaded receiver class for the Tigers, Cain is the 41st-rated wide receiver nationally and is the 16th-ranked recruit in the state of Alabama.

Cam Coleman (WR, 6-3, 180; Phenix City, Alabama, Central High School)

Coleman is the highest-rated offensive commitment in Auburn history. The 5-star receiver, who flipped his commitment to Auburn from Texas A&M on Dec. 1, is rated as the nation’s No. 4 overall prospect for the 2024 class and the No. 2 receiver. In his senior season, Coleman caught 61 passes for 1,372 yards and 18 touchdowns. Coleman is also rated as the state of Alabama’s top player for the recruiting class of 2024. 

Perry Thompson (WR, 6-3, 202; Foley, Alabama, Foley High School)

Thompson was originally committed to Alabama but flipped his commitment to Auburn during Big Cat Weekend on July 29. The 5-star receiver is one of the highlights of a loaded receiver group the Tigers are bringing in for 2024. From 2021-23, Thompson caught 193 passes for 2,438 yards and 21 touchdowns. Thompson is the No. 31 player in the class, according to the 247Sports Composite and is the 10th-rated receiver. Thompson is one of two 5-star receivers expected to join the Tigers in 2024.

DeAndre Carter (OL, 6-4, 340; Santa Ana, California, Mater Dei High School)

Someone who will travel across the country to be a Tiger, Carter has been a member of Auburn’s 2024 recruiting class since giving his commitment to the Tigers on Sept. 3. The 340-pound offensive tackle is rated as a 4-star recruit and is rated as the nation’s No. 5 interior offensive lineman by the 247Sports Composite, which has him as the No. 130 player nationally and the No. 14 player from the state of California.

Walker White (QB, 6-3, 215; Little Rock, Arkansas, Little Rock Christian Academy)

Few have been committed for the Tigers as long as White, who gave his pledge to the Tigers on Feb. 3. White is rated as a 4-star prospect by the 247Sports Composite and is the No. 11 quarterback nationally according to the same rankings. In his senior season, White completed 148 of 243 passes, throwing for 2,282 yards and 29 touchdowns. White is listed as the No. 151 player nationally and the No. 3 player from the state of Arkansas. White’s primary recruiters were offensive coordinator Philip Montgomery and Freeze.

Laquan Robinson (S, 6-2, 195; Greenville, Alabama, Holmes Community College)

One of two Auburn commits from the JUCO ranks, Robinson committed to Auburn in November over offers from Texas A&M, Florida, Arkansas and others. As a member of Holmes Community College, Robinson recorded 49 tackles, seven pass breakups, 2½ tackles for loss, one interception and one fumble recovery in 2023 per 247Sports. Robinson is the No. 15 player and No. 2 JUCO player in the country.

Gage Keys (DL, 6-5, 290; Hilliard, Ohio, University of Kansas)

In what will now be his third school, Keys became Auburn’s second portal addition after committing to Auburn on Dec. 17. Keys recorded 21 tackles and four quarterback hurries in 2023 at Kansas and is No. 258 overall in the 247Sports’ transfer portal rankings and the No. 22 defensive lineman.

Jalyn Crawford (CB, 6-0, 180; Lilburn, Georgia, Parkview High School)

Crawford committed to Auburn in July, and the Tigers officially received his letter of intent on Wednesday. Crawford recorded 26 tackles, six pass breakups, two interceptions and 1½ tackles for loss in his senior year at Parkview High School according to 247Sports. Crawford is the No. 41 player in the state of Georgia and No. 30 cornerback as a 3-star in the 2024 class.

Joseph Phillips (EDGE, 6-2, 250; Shorter, Alabama, Booker T. Washington High School)

Auburn fought off Georgia for Phillips’ pledge, and it was a significant win for the Tigers. According to 247Sports, Phillips tallied 130 tackles, 33 tackles for loss, nine sacks, five forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in his senior season. Now, he comes to the Plains ranked as the No. 123 player in the nation and ninth-best edge rusher.

Robert Lewis (WR, 5-11, 185; Covington, Georgia, Georgia State)

As Auburn’s first addition through the transfer portal, Lewis also went ahead and signed with the Tigers on Wednesday. Lewis caught 70 passes at Georgia State in 2023 for 877 yards and seven touchdowns and will add experience to a wide receiver room that will be filled with young talent. Lewis is rated as the No. 123 player in the transfer portal and No. 25 receiver according to 247Sports.

Malik Blocton (DL, 6-4, 275; Pike Road, Alabama, Pike Road High School)

Blocton committed to Auburn on July 8 and is currently practicing with the Tigers as they prepare for their bowl game. Blocton is a 4-star recruit, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings and is rated as the No. 46 defensive lineman in the class and the No. 23 recruit from the state of Alabama.

Matthew Wallace | Assistant Sports Editor

Matthew is a senior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @mattwallaceAU

Jacob Waters | Sports Editor

Jacob Waters is a senior majoring in journalism. From Leeds, Alabama, he started with The Plainsman in August, 2021.

Twitter: @JacobWaters_

Share and discuss “Live tracker: Keeping track of Auburn’s Early Signing Day” on social media.