Defensive back Antonio Kite transfers to Auburn from Alabama

Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze against Texas A&M in Kyle Field, on Sept 23, 2023.

Following the retirement of former Alabama head coach Nick Saban, defensive back Antonio Kite announced his commitment to Auburn after entering the transfer portal on Saturday, Jan. 13. 

Kite becomes only the second player to transfer from Alabama to Auburn in the modern era of the sport. The only other was Corey Grant in 2011.

The 6-foot-1 redshirt freshman saw time in seven games during the 2023 season, playing mostly in a special teams role. Kite only saw the field in two games during the 2022 campaign – his redshirt season. 

The Anniston High School native, Kite was a unanimous four-star prospect and ranked nationally as the No. 164 player on the 247Composite and the No. 9 overall player in Alabama.

The Tigers lost safeties Jaylin Simpson and Zion Puckett and cornerbacks D.J. James and Nehemiah Pritchett to the NFL Draft. With the addition of Texas safety Jerrin Thompson on Monday, Kite will look to fill in another position for new co-defensive coordinator Charles Kelly – a key figure in Kite’s initial recruitment to Alabama.

Kite will look to have his collegiate break through at Auburn alongside a young but talented defensive unit. 

Patrick Bingham | Sports Writer

Patrick is a sophomore from Auburn, Alabama, double majoring in journalism and marketing. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2022.

Share and discuss “Defensive back Antonio Kite transfers to Auburn from Alabama” on social media.