Exploring fitness classes in the Auburn community

<p>Entrance of F45 taken in 2021.</p>

Entrance of F45 taken in 2021.

Working out is crucial to the daily routines of college students, as it helps with physical fitness and mental strength.

Auburn has many fitness classes for the community to enjoy like F45, The Yoga Room, Club Pilates and more. 

Kate Richert, senior in public relations, is a trainer at F45. She explained F45 is a group fitness class that focuses on different sets for different days. 

“You will do short sets of bursts of energy to keep your heart rate up. We have strength, focus and cardio days,” Richert said.

One of Richert's favorite things about F45 is that classes are different every single time and are made for people who work out five times a week.

“It’s so unique in the way that it's not really like CrossFit, and it's not really like Orange Theory. It's kind of a mix of the two," Richert said, adding that what makes F45 stand out is no other gym is designed for someone to be able to come every day. 

Richert mentioned that her favorite part about F45 is the community of people who come daily and are friends. They offer a seven-day free trial and student discount for members looking to join. 

Club Pilates and Pilates on The Plains are the two pilates studios in the Auburn area. Both studios offer a variety of classes that take place on a reformer.

A reformer is a type of equipment that rolls up and down as a person moves to help someone stretch. Pilates is a form of strength training to help someone tone muscles and build endurance.

According to the Club Pilates website, the studios offer TRX, Exo-Chair, Bosu Ball, mats, rollers and more. 

Club Pilates does offer a first trial class for 50 minutes. Club Pilates offers Reformer Flow, Cardio Sculpt, Suspend and Center and Balance as different classes to try. 

Lux Lab Studios is new to Auburn and uses a reformer but is more challenging than classical pilates. 

Lux Labs' goal is to challenge you with “low impact, high intensity, interval-based strength and cardio training," according to the Lux Lab Studios website

Purvelo is Auburn's indoor cycling studio for students looking for a good cardio burn. They offer two free introduction class rides with 45-, 60- and 90-minute classes. Twisted Cycle also offers a variety of spin classes. 

Sophie Seabrook, junior in psychology, goes to Twisted Cycle eight times a month. 

“You rotate between those three sections sometimes. It's a five-minute transition or a 20-minute transition,” Seabrook said. 

There are three main categories during the class which include cycling then two weight sections. Twisted Cycle offers student discounts for members and the first three 60-minute classes are free. 

“The environment is so supportive, fun and uplifting. It’s almost addicting," Seabrook said.

Another one of Auburn's workout studios is Pure Barre. Barre is a full-body workout that uses a ballet barre and incorporates movements acquired from ballet. 

“Pure Barre is a workout that transforms you physically and mentally. Our classes are musically-driven group classes that focus on low impact, high-intensity movements,” according to the Pure Barre website. 

Pure Barre offers a free first class for anyone wanting to try it out. 

Pure Barre Define is a “classic barre technique with weight-based strength training combined with dumbbell training in functional movement,” according to their website. 

The next class is foundations, which is what they offer for a student's first free class as an introduction to what barre is. They offer Pure Barre Align which focuses on a person’s flexibility and balance through joint mobility.

Pure Barre’s signature class is a "full body barre workout using a ball, light hand weights and distance double tube” according to their website. This class is made to improve strength and tone the body.

They also offer Pure Barre Empower which is cardio, barre and interval training. It is designed to get your heart rate up and increase your metabolism.

To relax, The Yoga Room offers a vast amount of workouts including Hot Vinyasa, Yin Yoga, Hatha and Yoga Sculpt. Yoga is a workout to create flexibility and teach meditation and focuses on connecting breath to movements. 

For new members, there is a special right now offering 30 days with unlimited classes for $50. 

Auburn is filled with different studios and discounted deals for students to find which workout suits them. Every exercise affects the body differently, and it's important to find which one works for each person. Grab some friends to support your local studios and see which workout works best. 

Share and discuss “Exploring fitness classes in the Auburn community” on social media.